Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hello again,

I hope everything is going well your way!
I just hit my three month mark on May 8th! Only 15 more months to go lol, but seriously I hear it goes by fast. I guess we will see if that is true. I feel like three months is a big mile stone in mission life.  Pretty much every three months is significant. 6 months, 9 months, 12 months! 15 months and 18 months and I'm home!!!
Weird!

I'm trying to think back about what happened in my life in the past week.  I know what I did today though which was way fun! In the morning we went the Kingsbridge chapel and met up with some of our zone. We played the game sardines where one person hides and the rest are looking for them.  It was a lot of fun!
Then we came out to Manhattan and went to Central Park.  A lot of the missionaries played sand volleyball and a few others played ultimate Frisbee. I sat and enjoyed the soft damp sand (it's been raining) and wrote some letters. The weather was brilliant! Afterwards we came to the Manhattan East Side Chapel. That's actually where I'm emailing right now. On our way here a man fainted on the sidewalk. We all stopped to help him.  It was really bizarre. When he came around he was so grateful.  Then I got a Jamba Juice =) It was so good!

This week Sister T. and I have been working really hard! Last week after P-day it was kinda of an epic fail. lol. It was just a rough few days. However this week has been great! I'm so pleased with the way the Lord has been blessing our efforts. 
Tomorrow we have our interviews with President Smith. It'll be my first and last interview with him. Everyone will be meeting with him. Then next cycle will be his last zone conference (he does interviews and zone conferences on an alternating basis). However, then we're getting a new mission president.

Sunday I get to call home to talk to my amazing family! I am so excited! It'll be great talking to them.

If there is anything else I forgot to tell you about last week I'll write it later. Right now we need to travel back up to the Bronx and go to a dinner appointment at our member's house.  She's awesome  =)

I love you all! I pray that the Lord will bless you in all that you have going on in your life at this time.

Peace and Blessings
Peace and Blessin's

Love,
Sister Emily Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment