Wednesday, June 6, 2012

15 minutes to type

Hello everyone!

Sorry I am cut short again on time this week. I will write more soon.

Mostly, I just want to say how much I love each and everyone of you.  Thank you for all the support :) I love hearing from you. 

Life in the Bronx is going really well. 
You should know I have eaten potatoes a couple of times now! haha. Also the other night we had a dinner appointment with one of Sister T's member friends from the city. She came up to us and made us so exquisite food! She went to culinary school and everything. There was Salmon with a pesto sauce thing with fancy ingredients made from scratch. Actually, everything we had that night was made from scratch. Delicious garlic bread and a pasta that I can't get over! Ironically enough this pasta that I love has: tomato, beans, mushrooms, onions, cilantro, butter, and a lot of other goodness mixed in.  For those of you who know my palette and it's selective taste, this is huge! Haha but it's just the right blend of everything that I love it!

This past Monday was Zone Conference. It's the last one with our current Mission President and his wife.  The new Mission President, President Morgan, and his wife will be coming in the next couple of weeks.  

This Saturday there a three baptisms taking place for some Elders in our district.  The people getting baptized are wonderful.  I look forward to the day I get to see some of my investigators take that step and enter into that covenant with God to follow the example of Jesus Christ, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and try their best to keep the commandments and live righteously from that time forward.  I am so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I am humbled daily by the pain he suffered for me and for you. Plus, his Love is overwhelming in the best way :) 

We have an appointment tonight with our one current investigator who is solid :) If he didn't work Sundays he would definitely be progressing. We're having one of our Jamaican ward members join us.  I am excited! It should be a very spiritual lesson.  

I love the experience of the mission! I am learning so much.  In two days I'll reach my 4 month mark! lol
I try to focus each day on doing my best and continually work at being the person the Lord wants me to become and knows I can become with his help.

I love you 
stay humble and try to the Lord

Peace and Blessings
Love,
Sister Emily Johnson

1 comment:

  1. EMILY! How are ya? I'm going to write you a letter soon girl. I hope you're well and hear from you soon!
    Love,
    Claire Gordon

    ReplyDelete