Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hello! I'm at the Apple store emailing before we go to the temple.

That sure is an exciting subject line if I do say so myself.

Let's see what's new...
I got to skype with the family for Mother's Day! That was legit =)
It's crazy to think that in a few more months I'll see them in 3D. I think that was a crazy thought for the other sister missionaries who were with me because they have been out 1 transfer, 2 transfers, 3 transfers, and then you have me who is at 11 transfers! lol
But I've served my time and it's sad to know it's coming to an end. But I know there is a time and a season for everything.
I'm trying to make the most of these final months as a missionary. I know Heavenly Father has been training me this whole time to be the very best missionary that I can be right here at this time.
The members have been coming out to appointments with us recently and they are so funny! I especially love having the ones around our age come out with us because we always have a great time being spiritual and laughing a lot!
The work wouldn't be the same without them and I appreciate all the effort they make to be available to help us.
The talk I gave on Sunday went really well =) it was a lovely sacrament meeting. The talks were on happiness/motherhood (that one was mine), gratitude, and opportunity. I definitely needed a refresher on all of those topics.  One of my goals right now is to be more grateful. I have so many blessings in my life that I sometimes don't acknowledge or recognize. However, I know Heavenly Father appreciates when we show our appreciation for all the many ways he has blessed us. In addition to recognizing that trials or hardships give us opportunities, opportunities to use our free agency and do our best to face it with faith in Jesus Christ.
There was more I liked about that talk but I don't remember what it was! haha but I remember how I felt! I felt the spirit encouraging me =)

This past week our bishop put together a beautiful mother's day dinner. We helped a little bit with the set up and preparation. It was a little last minute planning wise so we werereally worried no one would show up. We started texting everyone in our phones lol and it actually turned out really nice! It had been raining really hard earlier that day but it was a very nice gathering.
Our investigator Jeff even came with his friend Trevor (who is a member) and Trevor's grandma. It was so exciting to see him there! He really liked it and got to meet a lot of the members. Sister Crawford and I were floating in the clouds knowing that Jeff came. Then he came the following day to church =)  
We also had a lesson with him last night and we discussed the first half of the gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, and baptism). The spirit was definitely there and he's going to work toward June 8th for his baptism =)
I love teaching Jeff. He is awesome. Some of the other missionaries said they were jealous that we get to teach Jeff haha. That's just how solid he is as an investigator. He's even coming to the baptism that's happening this Thursday (the elders investigators Jeannie 16 and Joy 14). Then we're meeting again on Friday.

We're going to the temple right after I finish emailing. It's going to be a much needed spiritual boost =)  
I got some wonderful mail from Janice and Jill yesterday and it really lifted me up =) I am grateful for such amazing friends! 

Transfers are in two weeks. That's crazy. I hope things stay pretty much the same in the zone. But I don't know if they will. In fact I feel like a lot might change. Oh well I guess we'll see what the Lord wants and we'll just accordingly.

Well I want all of you to know I love you!  You are amazing individuals and I am grateful to know you so well.  I know the Lord is waiting to draw nearer unto us as we draw nearer unto Him. We just got our General Conference Ensign and I am so excited to feast upon the different talks! I invite you to pick one of the talks to study and apply into your life this week. I know the words of the prophet and members of the quorum of the 12 are inspired for you and for me. I started reading Elder Eyrings talk this morning and I have felt a great sense of peace in my heart as I reflect on his words.  The Lord is reaching out to us in love through the words of His servants.  Are we listening? Are we searching? Are we seeking Him? I hope that this week you will feel that you are doing your best to put Him first. I promise you that as you do you will feel refreshed and the Lord will begin to soothe and heal the wounds of daily mortal life. He has the power and the love to do so.
I pray that you will use your agency in a way that you may take full advantage of the blessings available to you.

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, our redeemer, Amen.

Love,
Sister Emily Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment