Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 1st

Hello again! I have to say I always look forward to emailing on Wednesdays! Well more so reading emails, but writing them is good too.  What a week! The weather has warmed up a lot. Despite putting on sunscreen I still manage to get a little pink each day. That's what happens though when you are a Svenskafleka =) Oh well it's always gone by the next day.

Last week, after emailing we went back to our apartment with two of the English sisters and we played games for a few hours. We had a lot of fun playing apples to apples. One of the highlights was the fact that while cleaning a junk missionary closet I found a working type writer!!! It was like finding buried treasure! Literally it was buried under junk haha. It was my prize for cleaning out the closet of abandoned missionary items. I've already typed up a few letters so anyone who writes me on a regular basis has a very high chance of getting a typed letter! Maybe that can be incentive to write me haha. 
When we were playing Apples to Apples Sister Lee (my favorite sister from Taiwan) had to choose a card that was awkward! Out of all the choices we were explaining what each one was. After we had explained all the choices she chose Barney as the best match for awkward. We were all laughing about how Barney could be awkward. Then in her cute Asian voice she said, "Yea, Dinosaurs aren't purple and green!" haha it was a priceless moment =)

Our correlation meetings are getting a lot better. No one argued this last week and we all discussed wanting the ward and the missionaries to work together. We even talked about what we want to include on the ward mission plan. This is a big deal for us! =)
A less active family that we've been working with came to church this week! They are so solid and we need them in our ward. It was great to have them there and for them to be able to partake of the sacrament! Renewing that covenant is so important in us feeling the atonement cleanse us =)
If we live our lives in a way that we are able to partake of the sacrament each week we will always be prepared to meet our maker. Our loving Heavenly Father has provided us the opportunity to renew our covenants every week to help us endure to the end! We can always be ready =)
I also got a blessing of comfort and council from one of the Elders I serve with because there were a few things that were weighing on my mind. Heavenly Father didn't council me in the way I necessarily expected Him to, but He did in a way that was even better. He gave me things to think about and ponder. I know that God's plan for us is perfect. I know He loves us and everything that happens is for the immortality and eternal life of man.

Yesterday was a really good day! We've been pushing ourselves and trying to rely on the Lord to achieve the standard of excellence. It was one of our best days yet! A lot of it had to do with the senior couple being willing to drive us between look ups. Senior couples are the best! Every senior couple should serve a mission =)
Anyways we had a total of 8 lessons! 5 others (not members), 2 less active, 1 active. 2 of the 5 others became new investigators because we were able to set return appointments! It was sweet! 
Well I hope you are feeling the Lord in your life.  If you are not, have you considered getting a priesthood blessing?  The Lord is there. He wants to speak to us, he wants to guide and counsel us. Why can't we hear Him? Do we not want to know the answer? Let us be strong and of good courage and open our hearts to the Lord. He has not put the pavillion there. He will see us through. I know this is the Lord's kingdom on the earth and as we seek His help he will strengthen and protect our families. I love the Lord with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. He called His prophet Thomas S. Monson, and the prophet is the reason I am in New York today! As of next week it'll be for 15 months! I love the Lord and I'm thankful for the refining process this has been. I only have three months left to serve in this way and I'm going all out. I invite you to strengthen your commitment to the Lord. Whether by: spending more time in the scriptures, or doing gospel related activities with your family, or going out with the missionaries, or investing my time and attention into your calling. I testify that it is through our families and the gospel of Jesus Christ we will find lasting happiness! I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,
Sister Emily Johnson

p.s. Mother's day is just around the corner! More details on our call home soon = )

No comments:

Post a Comment