Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Today is my 15 month mark!

Where does time go?! =) Serving the Lord obviously.
I look forward to writing to you each week. Wednesdays can be very crazy, but also reflective during the 45 minutes to an hour that I have to write. 
It's nice being able to reflect on this marvelous work and wonder that I am experiencing as an instrument in the hand of the Lord.
These final months as I try my hardest to do my very best I have truly felt the Lord doing more with me than I would be able to do by myself. That in itself is a miracle!

Yesterday (Tuesday the 7th) we had Zone Conference and we were spiritually nourished and instructed on how to help our investigators progress in their learning so they will truly be learning. Since our last conference we have been focusing on teaching shorter lessons with the pamphlets. Since then we have been teaching a lot more, but now to help assist us with these lessons we focused on helping those we teach learn and actually understand so they too can feel the spirit working within them! 

Sunday was a really rewarding day! I shared my testimony in sacrament meeting and I felt the spirit take over.  I love when that happens. Then I taught the lesson in Gospel Doctrine because the teacher was out of town. I loved teaching that class because in the preparation for it (lesson 17 about tithing and fast offerings) there was a lot of material that I could read to expand my knowledge. During my mission as I've served in Gospel Principles its focused more on the what, but I really liked reading about the why.  I've been studying other chapters from the manual just for fun. I actually learned a lot about spiritual gifts from lesson 15! It's something I've been trying to understand better for a while now, so it was perfect.
This upcoming Sunday I'm giving a talk in Sacrament meeting about Happiness. I asked the bishop if he would like me to also tie it into Mother's Day. Luckily I just got the idea that I could connect the two by talking about what brings true happiness (living the gospel) and then explain how it was my mom that taught me that! Anyhow I haven't started writing it yet, so it'll take more time and reflection.  I am happy I get to speak about happiness. For those who know me, I'd say I'm a pretty happy person! lol

Well I am short on time. We started emailing at the library today. After we leave here we are going to the church to have a picnic and games. We were going to go to the park but it's been raining today.

I love you very much! I am so humbled by the opportunity to be a missionary and serve the Lord. Please pray that I may be fully invested in the work here.  I am doing pretty good, but I want to continue to finish strong! I know Jesus Christ lives. I know the spirit can teach, inspire, and guide our lives. I know we have a Heavenly Father who loves us very much. I invite you to have a heart to heart with Him today =)

Love,
Sister Emily Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment