Sunday, June 2, 2013

What a week!


Honestly I can't remember much of what happened last week because I have my new planner with me. After only one transfer in Olmstead (Bronx) Sister Crawford was called to be a trainer! So as of last Thursday I knew I would be getting moved. This came as a surprise to many people from our ward because of how little time I spent there. However,  I have a firm testimony that the Lord knows where He needs us.  For multiple reasons I felt it was my time to leave Olmstead.
I've been preparing mentally for the move since Saturday and Sunday. Sister Crawford had a trainers meeting on Friday. It's been pretty rainy this last week. This has been kind of a tough week. Usually when I look back on the week I am reminded of all the wonderful things that have taken place. Don't get me wrong, it's still been a good week. It's mostly that I have been emotionally anticipating the changes and also helping Sister Crawford with the changes.  It's been a very emotional week... lol
Changes are hard, but when it's all said and done it's not too bad.  On the plus side the apartment I'm in now is LEGIT!!! It's the nicest one in our mission and I feel like I'm in a hotel. It is seriously impressive! It is elegant, each companionship has their own bathroom, there is a washer and dryer IN our apartment, and a gym in the same building!!! That is luxury!!! Absolutely crazy... I was stunned. Oh and I'm in a car again. It's a Ford something.
I am companions with Sister Ngosha from Tanzania Africa. She is a very friendly person. I think we are going to get along just fine =)
It's hard to believe I only have two more transfers! I am planning on diving in to this new area and giving it my best.  I'm in the Stamford Connecticut singles ward. Apparently a few weeks ago they started covering the New Cannon family ward. So Sunday will be six hours of church! Good thing I know this is the Lord's gospel haha.
Anyways I am doing well. I look forward to getting through this week so I can have a better feel of this area. Also, I'm roommates with Sister Lavaki again so I am very excited about that!!! I love her =)
Lets see what else is new or worth sharing...
I got to see Sister Awerkamp today at transfers and it was so great! I love her to pieces.  Sister Maldarizzi finished her mission today. A lot of missionaries from my going home group are leaving early (whether by a week or a transfer) for various reasons (family member wedding, school, etc) so my group is dwindling. Oh well. I am going strong.
During the past few emotional days I felt a greater sense of peace and understanding through the atonement. I hope that feeling from Christ continues to carry my through this change.  I am thankful that Christ promised to send us the comforter. I don't know how we would ever be able to cope with the challenges of life without the tender mercies of the Lord.
I pray that each of us will strive to feel the Holy Ghost comforting us and helping us understand what we are experiencing here in mortality.
Love,
Sister Emily Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment